- Becoming culturally informed of the veteran experience is an essential first step in delivering community-based services.
- Understanding effective approaches to care—from outreach, to the physical design of facilities, to trauma-informed interviewing and community collaboration—allows you to translate substantive knowledge to best practices.
How will a veteran-centric, community-based approach to care enhance services?
- Veterans will feel more comfortable accessing care and services and disclosing the information you need in order to serve them.
- Veterans will more likely engage and remain in services, and have positive outcomes.
- Veteran services will be woven into broader community support and networks of care.