Health & Social Services
Our Frontline Drop-in Center is a unique one-stop resource that provides critical services to homeless and low-income veterans.
- Case management
- Emergency housing
Our stabilization and permanent supportive housing programs have provided thousands of homeless veterans with the stability and support they need to rebuild their lives.
- 5 Permanent Supportive Housing sites
- 2 Stabilization Housing sites
Employment & Training Services
We offer comprehensive services that allow veterans to stabilize their lives and become job-ready. Veterans work one-on-one with staff to overcome barriers to employment, access job training, and connect with local employers.
- 2 Drop-in locations – San Francisco and Oakland
- Free targeted vocational training to approximately 100 veterans each year
Supportive Services for Veteran Families
Our SSVF program provides critical services and short-term financial support to help prevent and end veteran homelessness.
- Eviction prevention, housing placement assistance, and other related support
Our staff attorneys and pro bono partners help hundreds of veterans each year to access the benefits they earned and rely on.
- VA disability compensation and pension claims & military discharge upgrades
- Full legal representation & ongoing Legal Drop-in Clinics offered at 5 Bay Area locations
We know that peer support is critical for many women veterans. Through our women veterans initiatives we work to ensure we meet the unique needs of women veterans.
- We coordinate free workshops and ongoing mentorship to help women veterans secure meaningful employment.
Income Support Services
Swords to Plowshares’ income support and benefits assistance are a critical element of our supportive services to help veterans achieve long-term health, housing and financial stability.
- Our money management services assist with income management, overcoming housing barriers, and ensuring rent is paid in full and on-time.
- Our team can provide assistance to eligible veterans in accessing Social Security Administration benefits.