Cold Nights Warm Hearts
For over 30 years, Swords to Plowshares has hosted a holiday dinner and backpack giveaway for Bay Area homeless veterans. Every backpack is filled with many of the necessities for surviving on the streets, especially during these cold winter months.
This year, we will prepare a holiday feast and assemble backpacks for 350 of San Francisco and Oakland’s most vulnerable veterans. All donations up to $15,000 will be matched thanks to generous donations from our Board Chair, Yaniv Newman, and two other local supporters. Please join us in helping raise $30,000 to cover the cost of the meals, fill those backpacks with items to keep these veterans warm, and provide emergency housing to veterans and families in need. Please donate what you can and help us spread the word to all of your friends, family, and colleagues.
- $20 pays for a holiday meal for a veteran
- $50 pays for a backpack full of supplies
- $100 pays for a night of emergency housing and food voucher
- $325 pays for a week of emergency housing
- $500 pays the moving costs for a homeless veteran family