- Who we are
- What We Do
- Veteran Services
- News & Events
- Get Involved
Interested in a Career as a Surveyor?
4 April 2017 - 14:49
Swords to Plowshares is working with a leading apprenticeship provider to help veterans start a career working as a land surveyor, determining the topography of land to assist in the building a design of construction projects. Apprentice pay begins at $17/hr, with increases at every 1,000 hours worked. Surveyors can make $40/hr or more after 8,000 hours of work!
Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career?
- Ability to complete engineering calculations with basic knowledge of geometry, trigonometry, and physics
- Valid CA driver’s license with clean driving record for the past five years
- Passing scores on an administered test (practice tests are available!)
- Ability to work well on a team
- Aptitude for physically demanding work
- High school diploma at minimum (transcripts required)
- Form DD-214
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the cover letter your branch of service and dates of service. Honorably discharged veterans will receive preference in the employer’s ranking system but all veterans are encouraged and eligible to apply.
Application deadline is Monday, May 1, 2017.
We’ve helped hundreds of veterans find new jobs and start their careers. Start your next career track today!
Since 1974, Swords to Plowshares has helped veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area secure employment after their military service. Veterans work one-on-one with our Employment & Training Program staff to address their individual needs, overcome obstacles to employment, and determine a long-term career plan. We provide job placement assistance and vocational training programs to help veterans translate their skills and train for new careers in high-growth, high-wage careers in the civilian sector.