Swords to Plowshares has partnered with a national property management company and is seeking outgoing and customer service-oriented military veterans to fill Service Technician positions for their Bay Area locations. These are full-time, hourly paid, maintenance positions with a generous benefits package available after 30 days of employment, including 50% employee rent discount.
This is a veterans-only recruitment opportunity.
Application Deadline: TBD
- Ability to attend an interviewing event in San Francisco on Tuesday, July 26th between 9:30 AM – 3 PM
- Veteran separated from the United States military with a DD-214 (member-4 copy), social security card, and valid state ID. All 3 forms of ID are required
- Currently unemployed or working under 20 hours/week
- One to three years hands-on general service maintenance experience
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and personal auto insurance
- Must live in the East Bay, South Bay, San Francisco, or the Peninsula
- Must be able to work any shift, Sunday-Saturday, including rotating on-call shifts
- Basic computer proficiency
- Able to perform numerous physical activities including prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, kneeling. Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation
- High school diploma or GED
- Customer service experience
If you match the requirements above, please email your resume to [email protected]. Upon receipt, we will follow up with a short questionnaire.
Job offers are contingent upon results of drug tests and background checks.
Alternatively, if you know other local veterans interested in a career as a service technician, please spread the word and encourage them to apply.
Feature image: Senior Airman Christopher, client service technician, tests a new telephone line at an undisclosed location in Southwest Asia March 30, 2015 (http://www.afcent.af.mil/Units/380th-Air-Expeditionary-Wing/News/Display/Article/583540/keeping-communication-channels-open/)