Applications are now being accepted for a program that provides low-to-moderate income residents of San Francisco with qualifying disabilities to gain free access to Muni services when using a Clipper card.
All San Francisco residents with disabilities and a gross annual family income at or below 100 percent of the Bay Area Median Income level are eligible for the program (to verify your income level click here).
To apply for the program, people with disabilities need a registered Regional Transit Connection (RTC) discount ID card. Note that veterans who have an overall service-connected disability rating of 50% or higher are eligible to receive an RTC card.
To obtain an RTC card, you will need to:
- Visit the SFMTA RTC office in person, located at 27A Van Ness Ave (at Market) in San Francisco. Applications accepted Mon-Wed 10:30AM to 4:00PM. For questions call 415-252-3291.
- Bring your completed application (downloadable PDF here)
- Bring a valid government-issued photo ID
- Be able to establish eligibility by any of the following:
- Medicare card
- California DMV Placard registration parking placard receipt
- Other transit card or visitor card issued to you by another California transit agency
- Proof of Veterans Disability (Service-connection 50% or higher)
- Medical eligibility signed by a licensed professional
- Pay the appropriate fee ($3 fee to the Regional Transit Office)
For proof of Veterans Disability, bring a copy of your Service Connected Disability ID Card and your VA Certification letter demonstrating a disability rating for aid and attendance or a service-connected disability with a rating level of 50% or higher. To locate and print out your VA Certification letter, click here. Please note that it may take several months to verify your application with the VA due to their current work volume. For a quicker turnaround, it is recommended that you use a “Medical Eligibility” form instead.
If you application is approved, it will take up to 21 business days to receive your RTC Card. For more information visit 511.org.
Once you have received your RTC card, you can either:
- Fill out the program application online
- Mail the application to: SFMTA Customer Service Center, ATTN Free Muni, SFMTA Customer Service, 11 South Van Ness Ave, San Francisco CA 94103
You will receive notification in the mail when the pass has been successfully uploaded electronically to your RTC card.
For more information please visit here.