“Celebrating Women in Service, Honoring Their Sacrifice” is this year’s theme for the 7th Annual SHOUT! For Women Veterans Art Exhibition and will be held June 11, 2015 at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco.
What does that mean?
If you are a woman veteran, woman service member, family, friend or loved one whose work is inspired by the resilience and commitment women veterans and women service members represent, we encourage you to submit your work.
The following mediums will be considered:
- Multimedia Art
- Creative Writing (including Essays, Poems and Prose)
Click here for the SHOUT! Call for Art 2015 submission page.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements:
- Deadline for all art submissions will be April 30, 2015.
- Early submission is encouraged. Space is limited. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Will consider contributions from woman who are serving in the military, women veterans, spouses, siblings, parents or friends who have been directly impacted by a the service of a woman.
- Works of art must align with this year’s theme: “Celebrating Women in Service, Honoring Their Sacrifice.”
- Works of art must include an artist statement that expresses the nexus between your art and your military service or how you were impacted by a woman who served in the military (200 word max).
- Attach short biography (75 word max)
- Submit a photo of artwork (JPEG, PNG or PDF)
Submission Guidelines (if selected):
Submit a high-resolution (300 dpi minimum) photo of yourself for the website, social media and the event program.
- Submit a photo of the woman veteran during her time in the military for photo slideshow (optional).
- All artwork must be identified with the artist’s name, address, email and phone number clearly printed on a label attached to each piece.
- Works of art must be framed and ready to hang or display.
- Assistance in transporting and displaying art may be awarded to out-of-town artists and disabled artists.
- Accommodations for oversized pieces of art as space permits, but this is not guaranteed.
- The artwork belongs to the artist and does not infringe on anyone’s copyright or ownership.
- The artist shall assume all risks and hazards incidental to any participation in the 7th Annual SHOUT!