Swords to Plowshares is pleased to announce the 2014 California Veteran Employment Collaborative (CVEC) grantees. Swords to Plowshares administers the competitive CVEC re-grant program and provides technical assistance to our grantee partners. We look forward to promoting new models in veteran employment services, expanding outreach to targeted veteran cohorts, and nurturing partnerships with employers, community colleges and other community partners.
Grantees will provide employment and training assistance to veterans recently separated from the military, to include veteran-specific vocational training programs resulting in industry-recognized certifications, gainful employment and retention. The grant service period will be July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015.
- California Veterans Assistance Foundation
- Easter Seals, Southern California
- Jewish Vocational Services, Los Angeles (JVS)
- New Directions for Veterans
- United States Veterans Initiative (U.S. VETS)
- Veterans Village of San Diego
- Volunteers of America of Los Angeles
- Working Wardrobes for a New Start