Swords to Plowshares is hosting its 6th annual art show to celebrate women who served, SHOUT! For Women Veterans. Previous events featured the artwork of many women veteran artists, and hundreds of community supporters attended and shared in their artistic expression.
Shout! is taking place on June 12, 2014 at the Fort Mason Center in San Francisco.
This year we will feature multiple pieces by artists whose works give voice to women veterans, service members, and families, friends and loved ones of women who served in the military.
The theme of this year’s art show is “Celebrating Women in Service, Honoring Their Sacrifice.”
The following artwork will be considered:
- Multimedia Art Clips
- Short Films (preferably with subtitles)
- Creative Writing:
Eligibility and Submission Requirements:
- Must be a woman who has served in the military or a family member or friend of a woman who served in the military who has been impacted by their service
- Works of art must align with this year’s theme: Celebrating Women in Service, Honoring Their Sacrifice
- Works of art must include an artist statement that expresses the nexus between your art and your military service or how you were impacted by a woman who served in the military (200 word max)
- Attach short biography (75 word max)
- Submit photo of artwork (JPEG, PNG or PDF) no later than May 16, 2014 to [email protected] or through the form at www.shoutforwomenvets.org/call-for-art.
Early submission is encouraged. Space is limited. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Submission Guidelines (if selected):
- Submit a high-resolution (300 dpi minimum) photo of yourself for the website and program
- All artwork must be identified with the artist’s name, address, email and phone number clearly printed on a label attached to each piece
- Delivery and pickup of artwork will be the sole responsibility of the artist.
- Artwork that has been selected will need to be delivered to Swords to Plowshares. Location, dates and times for delivery will be provided.
- Works of art must be framed and ready to hang or display.
- Waivers may be awarded to out-of-town artists and to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled artists
- The artwork is your own and does not infringe on anyone’s copyright or ownership.
- The artist shall assume all risks and hazards incidental to any participation in the 6th Annual SHOUT!.
All submissions must be completed online at www.shoutforwomenvets.org/call-for-art.