With funding from The Walmart Foundation, Swords to Plowshares is administering a competitive re-grant program for California nonprofit organizations to provide employment and job training services for veterans. The goals of the California Veterans Employment and Training Collaborative are to help veterans prepare for, obtain and retain gainful employment in high-wage, high-growth industries in California and to increase veterans’ overall health, economic stability and ability to successfully transition to civilian life.
Swords to Plowshares will be awarding $500,000 in grants ranging from $30,000 – $70,000 to a minimum of seven organizations throughout California to provide veteran-specific vocational training programs resulting in industry-recognized certifications, gainful employment and retention. Successful grant applicants must prove the ability to implement vocational training programs as well as provide integrated supportive services targeting Post-9/11 veterans and recently separated veterans.
We are no longer accepting Requests for Proposal (RFPs). Thank you to all who applied.
See the following documents for more information:
- The complete Request for Proposals for information on eligibility, award conditions, core elements, narrative components, reporting requirements, and instructions for submitting a proposal.
- Proposal Submission Form which should be used as a cover sheet and submitted with the proposal.
- Please also refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information about the grant.
- Download our press release.
Swords to Plowshares will hold an online bidder’s conference February 28, 2014 at 2:00PM PST. Attendance is not required but is recommended.
Visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6616186232254346753 to register.
Grant Bidders Conference:
- Request for Proposals (RFP) issued: February 18, 2014
- Bidder’s Conference (Online): February 28, 2014 at 2:00PM PST
- Proposals are due by: April 1, 2014 (by 11:59PM PST)
- Grant decisions will be announced on: June 2, 2014
For more information regarding The Walmart Foundation and commitment to veteran employment initiative, visit http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2014/05/21/walmart-celebrates-more-than-40-000-hires-in-first-year-of-veterans-commitment.