PG&E, Swords to Plowshares, and Solano Community College are partnering to recruit veterans for a customized, 240 hour career prep course at Solano Community College that will strengthen your candidacy for employment and add to your knowledge of the energy and utility industry.
Coursework includes technical, job-specific and soft skills training, as well as the physical conditioning needed to effectively compete for entry-level field jobs.
Prepare yourself with the skills you need to be considered for job opportunities in a high growth industry that offers good salaries and a variety of career opportunities. All chosen applicants will be asked to undergo a background check, as well as a drug test.
- Are you mechanically or technically inclined or like working with electronics?
- Do you have construction-related skills?
- Do you like working outdoors in a physically demanding work environment?
- Are you available to relocate and work emergency overtime?
- US military veteran with DD-214 stating discharge status (Must be fully discharged from the military, not on terminal leave)
- Possess valid CA driver license or State ID
- Possess social security card
- Must have experience applying basic mechanical principles to complete tasks, and experience working with hand and power tools commonly used in the construction industry
- Must be able to do physically demanding work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to commute to Solano Community College in Fairfield, CA, Monday-Friday during the 9-week training
How to apply:
If you are a US veteran with all the requirements listed above, please follow the link below and apply by Friday, September 20th. Training begins on October 14th and ends on December 13th, and will be Monday-Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm. All training takes place at Solano Community College in Fairfield, CA. Applicants must be able to attend full 9-week training.
Link to apply: