Swords to Plowshares is partnering with a local utilities company to recruit and hire veterans. This initiative is seeking qualified candidates for demanding and rewarding field work – we’re looking to hire heroes.
Application deadline is Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 10:00am.
- US military veteran with DD-214 stating discharge status (Must be fully discharged from the military, not on terminal leave)
- Possess valid CA driver license
- Possess social security card
- Unemployed or working less than full-time
- Must live within 30 minutes of San Francisco or Daly City
- Available to attend a hiring/testing event in San Francisco on the afternoon of Friday July 26th
- Be available around the clock if required
- Able to lift 90lbs and work in all weather
- Enthusiastic and eager to grow in a new career
Nice to have:
Background in construction, digging, welding, carpentry, plumbing, pipefitting, working on a ranch, or landscaping
- Pass technical, arithmetic and physical assessments
- Load / unload equipment, materials and debris
- Construction and maintenance of utilities equipment
- Maintenance of tools
- Obtain Class A driver’s license within a year
** These positions are 4 days per week, 10 hours per day. (Monday through Thursday, 7:00am – 5:30pm, plus overtime) **.