$10,000 can provide supportive transitional housing to a homeless veteran like Jessie.
"I felt really depressed and hopeless when I got out of the military. I was able to get my life back together and cope with my anxiety with the help of counselors and other vets in Swords' transitional housing program."
--Jessie, Iraq Veteran
Your gift can turn around the life of a veteran and provide critical services that will heal the wounds of war and restore hope and dignity to our nation’s heroes.
Today’s returning veterans need help to assimilate back into society. The government, veterans and their families rely heavily on our ability to deliver locally-based, wrap-around services they do not have the capacity or expertise to provide.
Swords is working hard to ensure we can expand and sustain services for Iraq and Afghanistan-era veterans as they transition from combat to community and for veterans of previous generations who continue to suffer.
- $10,000 will provide one year of transitional housing
- $5,000 will prepare a veteran for a new career with job training and education
- $2,000 will provide free legal services to veterans in need of disability benefits
- $1,000 will provide emergency services for one year
- $500 will pay for work supplies and attire for a veteran returning to work
- $250 will feed a homeless veteran for one month