We are looking to train veterans job seekers for careers. Learn a trade in carpentry. This job training takes place in Pleasanton and spans nine weeks. Become a union carpenter and earn a great living working with your hands. Contact us, “wood” you?
- Interested in beginning a career as a union carpenter
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds
- Do physically demanding work for 8 or more hours a day
- Be able to work with hands
- Follow instructions
- Pass a drug test
- Commit to 9 weeks of pre-apprenticeship training in Pleasanton
- Must be able to work in teams
- Must be physically fit and able to work at an athletic pace for eight hours a day.
- Must be eager to learn and easily taught. A typical job site situation is one apprentice for every five to ten journeymen, so apprentices need to be open to taking instruction from 10-15 more experienced tradesmen at any given time.
- Must have a positive, receptive attitude. Apprentices get back what they put out, so a good attitude, positive demeanor, and eagerness to work and learn are a must. Journeymen are not required to teach apprentices their trade; they do it out of generosity.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, sometimes on short notice. Both evenings and weekend overtime should be anticipated.
- Apprentices don’t bring much to the job but hustle when they start their careers, so they should be sure to bring a lot of it.
- Upon completing pre-apprenticeship, continue with union apprenticeship courses
- DD FORM 214
- Valid Drivers Licence with clean driving record
- Social Security Card
If you are a veteran and interested in becoming an Apprentice Carpenter and can commit to a 9-week Pre-Apprenticeship training, please call Dave Lopez at 415-252-4787 ext. 371 or fill out this form.
The Program slots have been filled. We are still looking for applicants for our other programs however:
Bio-Process Implementation and Control Certificate
Solar Design, Sales, and AutoCAD Program