Are you a veteran who is interested in learning AutoCAD design for a career in the fast-growing solar energy sector?
This 16-week program at Laney Community College will teach Veterans in the areas of basic electricity, mathematics, NABCEP certification and customer service to prepare individuals for a rewarding and promising career as a solar AutoCAD drafter.
Beginning on September 5, 2012, at Laney Community College, interested veterans will spend approximately 25 hours per week over the span of four months undertaking a rigorous 21-unit course load for this job training program in a rapidly growing industry.
Swords to Plowshares is partnering with Solar City on this exciting new opportunity for drafter positions at Solar City and other companies throughout the bay area.
Solar Photovoltaics Design, Sales, AutoCAD & E-CODES Courses:
- Basic Electricity (3 units)
- Technical Math for Electricians (3 units)
- National Electrical Code (NEC) for Electricians (3 units)
- Introduction to Photovoltaics (3 units)
- NABCEP Test Preparation (2 units)
- Beginning Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) (3 units)
- Customer Service for the Building Trades (2 units)
- Technical Reading for Career Technical Students (2 units)
Those interested in applying for this exciting opportunity need to meet the following requirements:
- Strong math aptitude
- Well-organized, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Willingness to commit to an intensive training and workload
- Work well and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- Proficient in MS office; Outlook, Excel, Word
*Class also includes in class project in partnership with Solar City where you will receive hands-on experience designing solar systems.
Upon completion of the training program, positions at Solar City is not guaranteed; however, open positions at Solar City may be available and may require relocation to one of the satellite offices elsewhere in California or other state offices.
- DD Form 214
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Social Security Card
- Pass assessment examination in basic reading and math
If you are a veteran interested in a career as a solar AutoCAD drafter and willing to commit to a 16-week program, contact Anthony Sordini at 510-891-8773 ext. 307 or email@example.com;
you may also apply by filling out this form.
The class is now full. Thank you for your interest. If you would like to be informed of future training programs, please contact Anthony at the email address shown above.
Correction: We apologize for a typo as we previously had the phone number for Dave Lopez incorrectly. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Anthony Sordini is the new point of contact and his info is shown above.