Jobs for Veterans Program:
This innovative VISTA program links returning veterans to jobs! VISTA will develop new systems to recruit veterans, conduct employer research and create sustainable databases to evaluate program.
The VISTA volunteer provides veteran and employer outreach support to the job development team. This position works closely with program staff in reaching out to returning veterans and creating new employer contacts.
Deadline to apply is May 10, 2012 and the program start date is July 13, 2012.
- Research high industry growing companies in the Bay Area
- File and database management: input and maintain all employer contact information in database
- Conduct employer follow-ups in order to aid in program evaluation
- Research veteran-related networking events, such as university veteran clubs, veteran groups, and social networking groups
- Perform online recruitment using social media and traditional media including blogging and flyers
- Develop recruitment and implementation plan to recruit veterans with in-demand skill sets
- VISTA’s will be paid bi-weekly pay at local livable allowance wage
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- End of service stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Health coverage
- Relocation allowance
- Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
- Community and economic development
- Community outreach
- Salesforce administration, implication and reporting highly desired
- Ability to work in a team environment and meet regularly with Project Supervisor and Program Staff
- Communications: public speaking, writing/editing
- Community organization
To Apply: visit the Americorps posting at AmeriCorps/VISTA
Contact Anthony Sordini for more information: (510) 891-8773 x307, email@example.com
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965 and incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993, VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 40 years.