We are seeking 6 to 8 week contractor to perform mental health evaluations to support veterans’ claims for VA disability benefits.
Our staff attorneys provide formal legal representation to veterans-in-need before the US Dept of Veterans Affairs. Often, current mental health diagnoses and evaluations are needed to support claims.
- Review moderate amounts of service and post-service medical records
- Conduct thorough psych assessments of clients (typically one-hour meetings)
- Craft evaluations for VA review which encompass:
- “General observations” narrative
- Current mental status
- Current level of functioning
- Multi-axial assessment (per DSM-IV-TR)
- Availability to discuss reports with veteran’s attorney
- MUST be a Licensed PhD or MD
- Training in the use of DSM-IV in order to develop provisional diagnosis
- Training in substance abuse and recovery protocols
- A thorough understanding of the readjustment problems of veterans with an emphasis on Vietnam-era veterans, such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and substance abuse related disorders.
- Ideal to work on-site with access to attorney, records, and resources
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase: “Clinical Psychologist” in the subject line. Please include required fee and rates.